Sunday, February 8, 2015

Daylilies from the 2014 gardens

  Well, looks like I left off on July 5th, so anything that I took photos of after that should be fair game, unless older pics of the same flower are already on the blog.  If I repeat myself, please forgive. 
                         CHIARA, by Rood, K., '09; Mid, DOR DIP, 28"x3".  This was a bonus gift from one of the venders I bought other daylilies from.  It's one of their own hybrids!   

 DELICATE DESIGN, by Ferguson, '80; Early; DOR TET; fragrant; 28"x6".  I had thought this one was dead, long ago!  SURPRISE!  Sometimes ya gotta love the surprises that daylilies can bring ya! 


ODDS BODKINS, by Reed, 2008; Early Mid; DOR DIP; UFO crispate; 38"x7".  New to my garden last year, and much time spent in a pot, so never attained that size.  But I am so looking forward to seeing a great performance by this one in years to come.



************************
BILL CROCKER, by Crocker, G., '81; EM; DOR DIP; 25"x 4".



BILL NORRIS, by Kirchhoff, D., '93; Mid; SEV TET; fragrant; 29"x5" -- Won the Stout Silver Medal in 2002!  I fell in love with it before it had won, and was so pleased that the new addition to my garden was an SSM winner that very year! I'm putting together an SSM-themed garden, but Bill hasn't made it over to that area yet.  This year, for certain!






MOON WITCH, by Salter, E.H., '90; Early-Mid; SEV TET; 26" x 4".  I've had this for years, up close to the house.  I'm structuring theme gardens (because it's fun, no better reason!) and this will go into the Harry Potter themed garden, this year.  I have newly acquired "Luna" (not here yet, but won on auction) and they both will stand in for the Harry Potter series character, Luna.





PAPER BUTTERFLY, by Morss, '83; Early; SEV TET; 24" x 6".  Another one I was afraid I had lost, but .... here it is!



SILOAM JUNE BUG, by Henry, P., '78; Early Mid; DOR DIP; 23" x 3".

 And lastly, for today that is:
NUTMEG ELF, by McCabe, '78; Early Mid; DOR DIP; sp 4.6; 18" x 3".  I've had this sweetheart since 2002, and divided it for the first time in 2014 -- should have been done much sooner!  But, simple as this one is, it's one of my faves, as the blooms go on and on and on!  It needs to be deadheaded often, because this li'l girl is a bit of a slut.  Pods everywhere, if you don't nip them frequently.  Her nectar must be very sweet; it seems the bees must visit every blossom!  And there are SO many blossoms!  This one must have been the inspiration for the term, "extended bloom," LOL!  (OK, not really, but she is the embodiment of it, IMO.)

So... that's enough for today.  It's still snowing, and will continue until day after tomorrow, according to the weather reports.  No worries, except I have two appointments tomorrow, which could be cancelled if need be.  I don't go back to work until Tuesday, anyway!  Til then, I sketch, and dream of daylilies basking in the summer sun......



No comments:

Post a Comment