Monday, February 23, 2015

Still more from last summer (there are a LOT to go....)

Ok..... where did I leave off?  These are still from the batch taken on July 19, 2014, most of which went into the previous blog entry.

I might add that even though I have purchased a number of the daylilies in my gardens, I have also benefited from the generosity of others, two women especially: Marie Rose and Ramona Titus (whom I met through Marie).  In fact, Marie pretty much got me addicted to daylilies!  I cannot at this time trade plants with them, for different reasons, but have at least passed on their kind examples by giving some of my extra growth to others.  What better thing to spread around than flowers?  And maybe a little sunshine!  




NOAH'S ARK, by Reckamp, '68; Midseason; DOR TET; 34" x 8"  (At this time, it's in the Storytime themed garden, but I do have other plans for it.)





POLTERGEIST, by Couturier, G., '98; Mid; SEV DIP; 38" x 8"









ROUND TABLE, by Peck; '74; Mid; DOR TET; 32" x 5.5"  (Of course this in the King Arthur themed garden!) 




RUTH LOVE (foreground) by Webster, R.L., '93; Mid; DOR TET; 28" x 7"



and

DEAR RUTH (background) by Halliday, '80; Mid; DOR DIP; 38" x 7"




SINGS THE BLUES, by Hanson, '90; Mid Late; SEV DIP; 26" x 6"








TARHEEL DOLL, by Doub, '78; Early; DOR DIP; 20" x 2.5"







TOUCHED BY MIDAS, by Winniford, U., '79; Early Mid; EV TET; 30" x 6"








WHITE STAG, by Shinall, '75; Mid; SEV DIP; 18" x 6"  (This is not a great photo of White Stag, but I had just purchased it, and the scapes were budded, so this is what I got.  Poor, stressed plant!)







WITCHES' COVEN (top) byMoldovan,'85; Early Mid; SEV TET; 24" x 5"

and



LOVE GLOW (bottom) by Stevens, D., '81; Mid; DOR TET; 30" x 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment