Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Several more from Last July (2014)

Let.'s see what today brings us, shall we?








CRY, by Hansen, '92; Early Midseason;
SEV DIP 24" x 6"









EENIE WEENIE, by Aden, '76; Early Mid; DOR DIP; 10" x 2"  (This really earns its name look at those dimensions!  Might be the smallest daylily I have; I'll need to compare with others, later.)








ELEGANT EXPLOSION, by Meyer, C., 2004;
Mid-Late; DOR DIP; Nocturnal; 20" x 4"
(If I'm not mistaken, the plant at the left is Linaria, Canon Went.)  












LITTLE FAT DAZZLER, by Lankart, Mrs. E., '79; Early Mid; SEV DIP; 15" x 3".  I have three books on daylilies, a couple of which recommend this cultivar!









PTARMIGAN, by Stamile, '90;
Mid Late; DOR TET;  20" x 5" 












SUNSET BOULEVARD, by Kirchhoff, D., '93; Mid; EV TET; Fragrant; 30" x 6"












UNKIE, by Clark, D., '57; Late; DOR DIP; about 35" (height) -- No bloom width given, but it's fairly large. I'm looking forward to having this as an established clump.  It's quite handsome, for one of the older dark types.  Makes a statement!










 *********************




And now, for something slightly different.   I still have quite a few mystery plants in many of the gardens, but there is ONE garden that is full of them.  I call it The Garden of the Unknowns (GOTU).  It could easily be the NOID Garden (No ID).  I recently saw the same thing online where the garden was called, "Who's Your Daddy?" and loved that name, too.  On the same day that the above photos were taken, I took a number of shots of the GOTU.  It's a weedy mess, but I'll clean it up either this coming summer, or in 2016. 

Here are just a few of the many pretties that live in the GOTU:

























(I confess, I do have a favorite among the Unknowns here, and it's the one pictured at right.  Large and luscious!  Wish I knew what it is, as it's probably a named, registered cultivar.)









That's it for tonight!  I'll be dreaming of daylilies that sleep under a thick, white blanket.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment