Saturday, June 28, 2014

Three more

I got three more photos today -- want to see? 

First was an FFO for today, Black Eyed Susan.  Then I went over to another part of the yard to snap a shot of one that has been blooming for a few days: Patterns.  Crossing the yard again, there was Saratoga Springtime just waiting to model for me!   All of these either are already involved in my theme gardens, or will be when I get that theme going.  




BLACK EYED SUSAN, Stevens, 1983; Dor Tet, Mid, 26"x6" .
This is blooming in a pot, waiting to be planted in a section of garden I'm only just getting clear.  Now, I'm afraid it will be longer, as there is a bit of structural work to be done on the house behind where it will go.  Plants and snow up against a wooden door that is never used, but is part of the house's history, have rotted away the lower parts.  I think it should be fixed before new plants go anywhere near that area.   So... the pot will remain, for awhile longer!






PATTERNS, Lambert, 1969; Dor Dip; Early, 26"x5"; re; frag.

Not a great increaser, but it's tenacious. and a welcome change of color from the yellows that predominate the Early bloomers.  I had to move the whole clump and plant without dividing it, like so many others.  I really need to have more space for lining out divisions!







SARATOGA SPRINGTIME, Saxton, 1976; Dor Tet; EE; 24"x6"; frag.

This is a newer one, having arrived only last spring.  I moved it to another section, and it had to wait in a pot for a bit longer than I'm happy about.  But it seems to have recovered!



This weekend is mostly about yard work, and I'm getting some long overdue help with the lawn, and the jungle of nasty raspberry bushes that have invaded it.  Trust me, they are NOT the lovely, romantic boon people think wild raspberries are!   They are bullies to everything around them, and are truly a PAIN to get rid of.  Thorns, remember?  Learn what they look like and be ever vigilant (birds spread them!) and ever ruthless.  I lost a lot of nice daylilies and other plants by letting the raspberries (and bee balm) slide for a few years.  I can get big fat raspberries and blackberries at the local grocery store!   So... a huge THANK YOU to my weekend warrior helpers out in the yard!  They did far more than rescue me from raspberries, but just that is a great improvement.  Take a bow, gentlemen!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment