Saturday, September 24, 2016

Well, it's September of 2016, and you haven't heard from me in over 13 months.  Why is that, you ask?  What a good question! 
Thirteen months ago, I was in a freak accident in my yard, involving my car, a wasp, a clothesline pole, and a woodpile.  In short (very short) I broke, among other things, my neck.  I have much to be thankful for, including my son's presence that afternoon, as well as his presence of mind, and a string of fine professionals who saved not only my life but my future.  Can't say enough good about my local EMTs,  and I love my neurosurgeon and his team! What could have ended up as life in a wheelchair, or even death, has been a positive road to recovery.  I'm walking very well now, though with some balance issues.  My major remaining issues are with my  hands and arms; those may or may not improve, but that healing takes more time.   So, I had to have help from some wonderful ladies who volunteered to get my various potted daylilies put into the ground before the frost hit.  And, I'm afraid I have not done much this summer, either.  There are various reasons, but if I list them, they'll just sound like petty, whiney excuses.  Point is, I should be even better next year, than I am this year.  Stay tuned for a renewed enthusiasm for gardening, coming your way in Spring, 2017! 

Meanwhile, I'll simply try to stay out of trouble.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment