Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Well, all of the late scapes with buds are now collected and residing in a pretty pitcher in the kitchen.    I have no idea if they will bloom, but suspect that the most developed of them will.  The alternative was to play Temperature Roulette with them, and last night was very chilly.  I had a little bit of frost on part of my windshield this morning.  Not complaining, since this is overdue for my area.   Frosts can arrive as early as late September, and by now we've had the killing frost -- some years, even a bit of snow!  I've loved the extended warmth we've had this autumn, but when chill is in the air, gardeners beware! LOL!  

So, for the next few months, I suppose the only photos I'll post will be older ones.  But that should suffice.  

I'm already thinking about where I'll move this and that, these and those, and how I'll clean out this section or that one.... and yes, I'm already browsing the daylily websites and the Lily Auction to get ideas for next year!  Hopeless, maybe.  But not buying!  

The scapes look a bit sparse in their vase/pitcher, and because I'll be trimming them from the bottom periodically, I don't want to shorten them.  So, I won't take a photo. 

Oh, who am I kidding?  I won't take a photo because I'd have to clean the kitchen that would show in the background, ROFL!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment