Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Holey Moley!  I have been SO busy!  Some of it with planting new daylilies and divisions, some with work, some with actually cleaning the house... (Yes, I do, occasionally!)

Now, it's raining, and I can't get out to the gardens and work.  I have had only two daylilies bloom this spring so far, but there are a number of scapes coming up, and that is very promising.  The bloomers are my trusty EE, "Elizabeth" (the first to bloom in almost anyone's garden, really) and a new acquisition, "Witches Wink".  It had a hormonal head start in its old home, so arrived ready willing and able to send up an early scape.  That bloom was rather soggy when I saw it, but there is one bud ready to pop soon -- tomorrow?  

I took a nice pic today of the rain on one of my peonies, "Charlie's Pride" but this blog is about Daylilies, so I'll refrain from posting other plant pics.  At least for the FIRST photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment