Sunday, March 9, 2014

While we wait for spring, how about some older photos of daylilies from my gardens, in seasons past?  I have made a list of photos I've already posted, so that I don't repeat myself.

 The above is BRIDAL SUITE,  Hanson, C., 1988, Ev, Tet, EE, 21"x 5".  The bell-shaped flowers in the background are Campanula, "Elizabeth".


                   SALIERI, Moldovan, 1992, Dor, Tet, Early, 26" x 5.25", ext.


                       APOLLO'S FIRE, Moldovan, 2002, Dor, Tet, EM, 32" x 5".


                           CHOSEN LOVE, Maxwell, 1971, Sev, Dip, EM, 26"x 6".


 FRIAR TUCK, Lester, 1951, Dor, Dip, EM, 36" tall (no bloom width given in database.  I'd guess it's about 3" or a bit more.)  I have a theme garden based on the King Arthur legends, and though this would be the Robin Hood legend, I've allowed a crossover with this plant.  He's quite happy in Camelot, if he can't be in Sherwood Forest!


           SABINE BAUR, Salter, 1997, Sev, Tet, EM, 25" x 6", re, nocturnal. 


                VAL, Elliot, R., 1984, Dor, Dip, M, 20" x 4.5", re, ext, fragrant


Well, that's it for tonight -- time to go to bed, and dream of spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment